We are hiring interns to help us distribute and tour with this film.
This is not a paying gig, but by the end you will know how to distribute, promote, and market an independent film in the current year.
If you’re a looking to work in film, marketing, community organizing, social media, or public relations, this is a good opportunity to learn.
This job is…
- Location independent. You can do it from home if you have a computer & phone.
- Part-time. Our goal is to split the work between multiple people. You should be able to do this while doing other work (though there may be a few “all hands on deck” moments).
This is not a “I’m a fan and I just want to help out” position. This will be work.
- Reliable – You do what you say you will do. Trustworthy. High-integrity.
- Hustle – You work hard. If we give you a list of tasks, you get it done.
- People skills – This job is going to be a lot of talking to people. Be personable.
- Communicative – You’re able to co-ordinate with others, and keep us updated.
- Enthusiasm – You’ve gotta want to be a part of this.
Also, basic tech skills are required, because we’ll be co-ordinating using various apps, but if you can use a smartphone in the current year, you’ll be good.
- Research skills – If you’re able to track down information – the best contact at a radio station, a list of certain activist groups or local media in a city, what the best location for a meet-up might be, etc. – then there will be a lot more you can do.
- Social media skills – If you’re good at Twitter, Instagram, etc. or have a talent for making content (graphic design, video editing etc.) that would help.
- Organized – If you’re able to keep track of a lot of information, co-ordinate between different schedules and groups, and manage a calendar, we can put you in charge of more.
If interested, contact work AT circumcisionmovie DOT com. Put “Intern” in the subject line, and tell us what you can contribute.